In the world of freight movement though, there are a lot of issues. Just think of the details and logistics needed to get a large haul from point A to point B. Some issues that have to be addressed are:
- How can the shipment be transported in the most efficient space?
- Can shipments be combined to save costs?
- What is the best route for the transport?
- What motor carriers can manage the type of and size of the load?
These are just some of the seemingly thousands of issues that a freight broker manages. Still, some prospects are fearful of letting the freight broker handle their haul. Understandably there are a lot of details to any important load haul, but the broker is the specialist who likely has managed every difficulty possible.
Here are some ways that a freight broker will banish any prospect’s fears:
- The prospect has a load to haul but few carrier options. Without some other choices, the load won’t be able to move. Here’s where a freight broker can truly shine. Remember that connecting shippers and carriers is their business. Any freight broker worth their weight has a good selection of options when it comes to options. They can work with you to make sure to make the right carrier handles your job.
- The prospect has a load to haul, but isn’t sure about the fastest route. Sure a prospect can Google and try to do his/her own research on routing, but the freight broker has insider resources. Maybe they have even sent another load in the same direction recently so they know what highways are under heavy construction or what roads are unavailable. This isn’t information that non-locals would have to work with. Unfortunately with getting a load to its destination on time, this is a necessity. A freight broker can be invaluable in this instance.
- The prospect has a load but few insurers are willing to accept the liability. Anyone knows that without insurance, a disaster is just waiting to happen. Here is where that broker can help. Again- he or she will have numerous resources that a company manager or worker doesn’t. Knowing how to protect product is a freight broker’s concern also so likely, he or she knows where to go for a load that needs insurance.
- The prospect has numerous loads to coordinate and it’s a bit overwhelming. All loads are of different product and going to different parts of the world. So far the prospect has tried working with spreadsheets and written notes, but nothing is working. Although managing numerous loads may be harrowing to an everyday worker, a freight broker is used to it. Again- this is their job. They are used to managing multiple loads for multiple companies going to multiple places and with multiple stipulations. It may sound daunting, but likely they have a comprehensive software and database plan that can easily take care of the shipping needs of all of their clients.
- The prospects boss is insistent that a fragile and high-priority load reaches its intended destination immediately. In addition to the prospects normal daily activities, he or she is now being forced to take on a high-priority task from the boss. Let’s face it- no one is comfortable under high pressure. A worker may get that sinking feeling of being overwhelmed when put on the spot to do something he or she isn’t formally trained at. Here’s where a freight broker can also banish fear. The freight broker is used to taking painstaking care when working with every load and high-priority ones are no different.
- The prospect is used to working relatively successfully with one motor carrier. “Nothing has been too difficult so why rock the boat?” the worker thinks. A good freight broker will tell the prospect that rocking the boat can substantially minimize costs. Likely the broker has resources that can take the load from point A to B at different price points. Maybe other carriers won’t work for every load, but they may work for some and cut down on shipping costs. Without a knowledgeable freight broker though, the prospect would never know about the other options.
- A prospect has a very small load and a very small budget. He or she is trying to find ways to move it that are efficient, but can’t seem to think of anything. The freight broker can banish these fears by using their networking. Maybe there is another load going to the same, or relatively the same, area and the loads can be combined. A good freight broker will have additional solutions that can work with budget limitations.
There are many ways a freight broker can banish a prospects fears. Overall, the freight broker’s value is their resources and networking capabilities. Remember that moving loads is their job. They know the ins and outs of the process and have numerous solutions to difficult situations. If you need to move a shipment efficiently, enlisting the services of a freight broker is the perfect way to do it.